Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday



Today is Ash Wednesday. My Dad went to church with me this morning. I go to a Catholic School. We go to mass every day before school. This morning, my Dad came too! And we got our ashes. It's the beginning of Lent. Papi Rene told use not to look at it as a sad time. Or even a time to give up stuff. But a time to do better. To do nice things for people. And make a better effort to pray and meditate every day.

I decided to practice every day for an hour. And to help my Dad and abuelitas more. I'm also going to volunteer at church. I think that would be a good deed to do.

I was happy to get my ashes today. It was weird to see so many people at church. You never see that many people there. But it was nice to see them worshipping. :) C

No comments: